Friday 6 July 2012

QUE SERA SERA



 When I was 10, people asked me what I want to be.. I said teacher and pilot.. I was asked how I would manage that, I said I would be teacher during the day and pilot by night or was it the other way round! When I turned 13 it was aeronautical engineering, though I knew not what it was, except that I would build planes and rockets. Sounded fascinating. From 15 to 17 I kept alternating between engineering and medicine. My parents thankfully never pressurised me into doing anything they wanted me to do. I was supposed to choose my own field. But how much does one know about any field at 17 without having many options or exposure.

At 17 you cannot drink, drive, vote, or marry, then how do they expect us to choose professions we are to live with for the rest of our lives. If you are intelligent you should get into medicine or engineering. Why is that the norm? aren’t there other professions? One should also have the aptitude for the chosen field. Being intelligent or even genius is not the only prerequisite. Some have the talent for dance, music, painting, and sports. Why should that be curbed?  Arts and crafts are also important part of our lives. Millions of researches are done every year by millions of  researchers. Out of which a handful are chosen... and just one or two may end up winning the Nobel Prize! The same as literature! That doesn't stop people from writing or researching.
Every country encourages all fields, we also need to not only acknowledge but embrace fields beside the usual.

So my question is…………… what will you be when you grow up? The answer I am looking for is an individual with his/ her own identity and integrity.

when i was just a little girl i asked my mother what will i be?
will i be pretty? will i be rich? here's what she said to me.. que sera sera .. whatever will be will be the future's not ours to see...que sera sera...

No comments:

Post a Comment